Counting my blessings, #4
Good morning everyone,
Before I start my daily ten blessings list, I would like to say a few words on religion.
Well, some people believe that when one is counting blessings and all, that there is also some form of religion involved. So that is why I would like you all to know what I do and don’t believe in. It might make a difference on the outcome of these practices, but still, I think anyone, religious or not, can benefit from books like “The Magic” by Rhonda Byrne.
The next part might be a trigger to some people, as I write about holy wars and all. Please know this is my view, my way of believing and that I neither judge nor attack anyone of believing in their holy faith.
I was raised Catholic. When I hit puberty though, I changed my mind, option and views on religion. I do believe there is an almighty being somewhere. I do believe there is more than meets the eye. But I don’t believe in giving that being, that entity, a name. What else are holy wars about? I do believe that all religions that give their “leader”, their entity, a name… That they all give a different name to the same entity. And to make wars about the interpretation of the meaning of your religion… I cannot begin to understand that. So I choose to give my entity no name. Just knowing it is there, that is enough for me. If you want to name it, be my guest, but please, give that same freedom to others. Make love, make tea, do not make wars about religion… Thanks.
I wrote before on the subject of religion, April 7th 1012, click here for the post.
Alright then, the blessings for today.
- I am truly grateful for my wife, again, as she is working hard trying to get a doctor’s appointment for the dog…
- I am truly grateful for the dog, she always is there for me, even when she is in pain.
- I am truly grateful for my dear friends, who stand by me and give me comfort when things don’t go right.
- I am truly grateful for the readers of my blog, because they make me feel worthy and because they care.
- I am truly grateful for my health, even though I live every day in pain, I still can enjoy some of the simple things in life… Music, TV, games, walking with the dog…
- I am truly grateful for my DVD/Blu-ray collection, as they help me get through the days where my body lets me down.
- I am truly grateful for my laptop, as is keeps me connected to the world wide web, so I can Google all I need and want to know… 😉
- I am truly grateful for photo editing software, as I might not be the best with it, it gives me much pleasure to enhance my images or images found online.
- I am truly grateful for WordPress, giving me the opportunity to share my thoughts with the world and read others thoughts as well 🙂
- I am truly grateful for the sun, as I love the warmth on my skin, giving me Vitamin D to give me extra energy…
Wishing everyone a grateful and blessed day!
With love, LW